Allergy & Asthma Associates-Patient Education
MOLD ELIMINATION DIET
Avoid the following:
- Cheese of all kinds, including cottage cheese.
- Vinegar and vinegar-containing foods. such as mayonnaise and other
salad dressings, catsup. chilisauce, pickles, pickled beets. Relishes and green olives.
- Alcoholic liquors, especially beer and wine.
- Soured breads, such as pumpernickel, coffee cakes and other foods
made with large amounts of yeast. Sauerkraut.
- Cider and home-made root beer.
- Pickled and smoked meats and l'ish. including delicatessen foods,
sausages, frankfurters. corned beef and pickled tongue.
- All dried fruits such as apricots. dates. prunes. figs and raisins.
- Canned tomatoes unless homemade. All canned juices.
- Eat only freshly opened canned foods and freshly prepared fresh
- Do not eat meat or fish more than 24 hours old. Avoid foods if made
from leftovers such as meat-loaf, hash and croquettes. Avoid hamburger unless made from
freshly ground meat.