- Purchase an "ear syringe" (small rubber bulb syringe) from the drug store, or a turkey baster would also work.
- Mix a normal saline solution of 1 teaspoon salt to 2-4 cups of boiled water. Store in a clean bottle.
- Pour a 1/2 cup of the solution into a bowl.
- Squeeze bulb of syringe to withdraw solution from bowl.
- Leaning over a sink, insert tip of syringe about 1 1/2- 2 inches into nostril.
- Gently squeeze bulb to irrigate nose.
- Blow gently after first irrigation.
- Repeat the irrigation with second syringe full.
Note: The nomal saline solution can be placed in a nasal spray bottle for moisturizing the nasal mucosa as often as needed.